Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mourning The Loss Of A Friend, A Songwriting Soulmate



Today we lay down to rest one of my dearest friends Tommi Jordan, as we call her TJ in Los Angeles, California. This is a special Child of God that I wrote over 200 songs with who took her life just last week. I dedicate this day to you my special friend.

FREINDS
By Pat Melfi

It makes my heart glad to know that we were friends
And I want to tell you how much I cared about you,
how often I thought about you
It is comforting to know, how you helped me grow
The song and voice in your heart, made my music such an art
It’s comforting to know that we were friends
That we shared our thoughts in confidence with each other
That we listened to one another, that we cared for one another
With love…although just really good friends
That we wrote music together, through stormy weather
Oh TJ, one of my music soulmates…I love you girl

It makes my heart sad, your life went so bad
That you chose to leave, surely makes my heart grieve
Go with joy, meet your God
We will see one another again when I am through here on earth
TJ, I love you so…I am sad you chose to go
TJ, I wish you would have called to let me know
That today would be my day to let you go…


Dedicated to my special songwriting friend Tommi Jordan (TJ) who chose to go with an over abundance of sleeping pills today, September 24, 2009 in Los Angeles California. May you be at peace. I love you TJ and will finish our unfinished work in remembrance of you, my special co-writer and incredibly gifted vocalist. You were truly amazing. May God receive you home today with peace in his arms, tears in his eyes, love in his heart and all the blessings that are available to those of us who love God, despite his ways. You TJ did love God. I am blessed because of that strength you provided me. TJ, this really hurts but this too shall pass. Go with God TJ. See you sometime down the road.

This is a special song just for you. Playing it at your funeral was enough to make the world cry for the loss of such a talented singer/songwriter. Be at rest child.

TOO MUCH TO BELIEVE

It’s three o’clock in the morning
That ole north star is barely showing
I talk as if you hear me
Cause my heart believes you’re near me
There’s evidence you’re here
Just out of sight

(CHORUS)
I’ve never seen the wind blow
But I see it in the leaves
Can’t feel the force that holds me down
But I believe in gravity
Can’t touch the sunlight through my window
But I feel it on my skin
So is it TOO MUCH TO BELIEVE
You’re right here again

Bobby says I’m going crazy
Preacher’s telling me that maybe
I need a little more time
But I’ve got reasons why I swear
I feel you touching me again

(CHORUS)
(BRIDGE)
Is it what you see or what you feel
That tells you what is real

(CHORUS)

This is dedicated to my songwriting soul mate. We will all miss your tender Spirit. You were truly loved, especially by me.





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment