Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How To Turn Your Desires Into Action by Pat Melfi

Image of Geoff Watson from FacebookImage of Geoff Watson

Today we are going to discuss a little formula that I have devised when a close friend of mine Geoff Watson asked me to create a plan of action for a significant change in my life. I am going to start out by making what I feel will be one of the most powerful statements you may ever read, so read it, over and over agin, until it sinks into the very fiber of your body. Here we go:

"Your Greatest Enemy according to Pat Melfi

" Negative thinking is a sneaky little enemy that silently steals its way into a man's consciousness and, like a thief in the night, steals not only his purse but, through robbing him of power, makes him poor indeed. Negative thinking is a sinister influence that works night and day to prey on a man's soul. It is a man's worst enemy, and life's meanest foe. It is worse than war, and largely, the cause of war. It is the curse of the human race. It robs a man of reason. It stirs up hate, greed, selfishness, anger, suspicion, jealousy, revenge, lust and envy. It tears down confidence, undermines health, impairs character and causes poverty."

WOW !!! Did I say all that? Often, I find myself sparring with God because He continuosly wakes me up at the strangest hours to write this stuff. Last night I asked him if He could find someone else beecause I was really tired...His response went something like this...you want me to call a plumber to do this writers job? Haha I said, gracefully got out of bed and did the assignment I was given in exchange for a promise that He would let me get a full night's sleep tomorrow. Imagine that, even God will negotiate with you if you have Him at the core of all you do !!!

This thing we casually refer to as "negative thinking" is indeed powerful... and just think as simple as it sounds the opposite "positive thinking must be equally powerful in the opposite manner. Positive thoughts are creative and negative thoughts are destructive. I often compare positive thoughts to light, and negative thoughts to darkness. Darkness is nothing. It is the absence of light. Turn on the light, and there is no darkness. Positive thoughts are based on understanding and faith. Negative thoughts are based on ignorance and doubt. There is no problem or condition that fails to disappear in the light of positive thoughts. Positive and creative thoughts will burn holes in problems, as a lighted cigarette will burn holes in tissue paper.

Pretty simple huh??? Then why is the world, the media and everything around us filled with so many negative thoughts? I have been asked by many people why I watch so much news and take in so many negative thoughts. My response is always the same. I look through the negativety in search of a way to find methods that I can share that will help my fellow man. Yes that is dangerous, but is it not our responsibility to serve our fellow man? All too often we fail to capture that as the very foundation of any plan we put into action. Self-serving actions are negative thoughts. I am not a religious man but consider myself more spiuritual than the average guy that goes to church every week, professes to have God at the wheel of their journey or even quotes scripture on a daily basis.

Consider this formula: "Positive thoughts will knock out your worst enemy--negative thinking."

As always, I like to offer solutions to my points of view. In no way, do I believe my way is the right way, however I always invite my point of view into your hearts and minds, simply for consideration, so I am going to give you 8 things to do that will re-focus you on your journey to positive thoughts, so here we go: Take note of #1, re-read it over and over again until you get the idea that ALL things belong to God to begin with.

1. Meditate and ask God if there is any reason why you should not have the things you desire. Dismiss your desires for a few days and if it is right for you to have it, the desire will become more intense. This removes doubt and uncertainty, and inspires determination and action. (RE-READ THIS FIRST STEP OVER AND OVER AGAIN)

2. Make a strong mental picture of what you desire, and affirm it several times each day.

3. Be "specific", not general about what you desire. If you desire money, visualize the amount and FEEL it in your pocket. If you desire customers, visualize the number and SEE them doing business with you. If you desire things, visualize the kind of thing you want and see yourself with it. If you desire a position, visualize the kind and it will soon makes its appearance in your experience.

4. Relax, meditate and be POSITIVE when you visualize your desire.

5. Be aware that ideas are infinite and the ways to manifest them are as uncountable as the stars of the heaven. Make your selection.

6. Insert a feeling of kindness into your desire. It sends out vibrations of love that are a souce of attraction (THE LAW OF ATTRACTION)

7. Remember--an idea based on good backed by a sincere desire held to by faith NEVER FAILS TO MATERIALIZE.

8. Back to the beginning: Thank God for the abundance that is yours now...REPEAT DAILY !!!

A secret and underlying thought to all of this that you might consider is this: The Law of Wealth is ALWAYS on the job, don't call in sick. ALWAYS believe that you shall receive the things you desire, and you shall have them...and your final questions to all you seek should be "Is this the will of God for me?"









Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment